In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

parts for dixie tower flintlock pistol

feldwebelfeldwebel Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I am looking for lock parts for an older Dixie guns works .69 caliber flinlock tower pistol ( japanese mfg ). Mike.

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you checked with Dixie? They have a huge parts warehouse.
  • mongrel1776mongrel1776 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like Allen said -- check with Dixie. Their website is dixiegunworks.com and their phone # is (731)885-0700. They sell lock parts not only for many of the guns they've carried over the years, but original pieces as well, and their tech staff is very good in terms of being able to suggest substitute parts in the event the parts for your exact model are no longer stocked.
  • feldwebelfeldwebel Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. Dixie does not list these parts on their website, but I did send them an e-mail....no response as of yet.
  • Underdog2264Underdog2264 Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give them a call, the websight has about half of what is in there warehouse.
    edited November -1
    Got an e-mail from Dixie. They advised they have not carried this pistol for several years and had no listing for parts. They suggested that I ship the lock to their Gunsmith to determine parts availability and installation. Anyone have any experience with their gunsmiths? Mike.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Those Japanese Towers had a VERY BAD (dangerous) reputation for splitting barrels which may be the reason Dixie doesn't carry them any more as they may have some product liability. If you find the parts, please have it throroughly tested by a QUALIFIED gunsmith before you consider firing it.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spider I am surprised to hear that about the tower pistol.
    I have a Jap Tennessee Mountain Rifle from Dixie, made by Miroku.
    It is a top quality rifle and I have fired it hundreds of times.
    edited November -1
    The Tower pistol appears to have been fired quite a bit, and seems very solid and surprisingly well finished. It looks like a previous owner replaced the main spring with the wrong part and lost the original screws. Dixie expressed no qualms about repairing the lock for me, just said they couldn't guarantee the fit of replacement parts unless they had the lock in hand. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with Dixie's service dept / gunsmiths. I have purchased lead, flints, accessories from Dixie and I was quite satisfied with their service in that area.