In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Chiefs Pro Clean

smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
A sheet metal worker down the road from me has invented a device which works very well for cleaning your muzzle loading rifle between shots making for consistent accuracy. You have to purchase the cleaner made specifically made for your brand/make of rifle. I have one but have not tried it yet, but a few of my friends swear by them. I am not affiliated at all with this product, just wanted to let you know about it. Here is a link:http://www.chiefsproclean.com/

Comments

• HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I have seen those in a couple of different catalogs. Looks like it might work, but I haven't found a need for it yet.
  • rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice, I need one of those[;)]
  • rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You say they make them make/model specific?
  • smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes they are made make and model and of course caliber specific. The brass ears seat into the rifle grooves. I met this guy (Barry) at a friends birthday party a couple of years ago. It's a very proffesional product probably made in his shop at home. I have heard that these are very useful in competition shooting. When I bought mine at the local gun shop they said he has been in there numerous times measuring and testing the diffferent barrels. If you have any questions he will answer them. There is a list on the website of the guns that they are available for. My 45 cal. CVA Elkhorn magnum was not on the list and I took a chance and got the one for the other CVA 45's and it seems to be a good fit.