In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

remington 700ml

DUCKHEADDUCKHEAD Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
In need of a 209 convertion kit. I am told this will help w/ this poor designed gun to fire when it gets cold.

Comments

• DUCKHEADDUCKHEAD Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking about getting a Reminton 700 muzzleloader.Anyone have any experience with this rifle and if so what do you think of it?I've heard there were some problems with them?
  • broknaxlbroknaxl Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check Brownells for the breech plug and 209 nipples.
  • nmaineronnmaineron Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I converted my rifle from a product made in Canada.Good Move,if I can find the address I will post it.
    edited November -1
    Try these people in Canada,armurierlavaltrie.ca.

I dealt with them and they were great,they speak French as well as English.This product used to be sold through Cabelas but for some reason that isn't happening anymore.You have to get it through them.$59.95 Canadian:

Armurier Lavaltrie
    111 St-Antoine Sud
    Lavaltrie,Qc
    Canada, J5T-1C1
    450-586-1305
    Fax:450-935-0924
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cabelas also has them in stock again. The item number is 2UG-217243
    edited November -1
    I was just looking at the newer version offered by Cabelas.They are making them differently than what I got last year.I like the looks of the newer one better.I'll bet there is less blow back with the new one.

It doesn't say that it is made in Canada.The older ones were.
    edited November -1
    Yesterday looking through the Cabelas Web site I found the Remington breeck plug.Today I got an online sale notice and its not there!I also went to the online catalouge and it wasn't there either.But.....I entered the 2UG-217243 number in their site and it came up so I ordered 1 and they have it in stock.We will see when it comes!I will keep you posted.
  • turkeytomturkeytom Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got a Remington 700ML in trade. It doesn't have a tool to remove the breech plug. What size wrench does it take for breech plug removal?
    edited November -1
    I recieved my new breech plug today.It is quite different from the one that I bought last year.Much more solid,no relief cut on the primer end and the fire end is much deeper with no shelf.I believe that the flame from the primer travels half the distance compared to the older one as well as minimizing the blowback.Can't wait to try her out! I have pics but I need to have them resized before I can post them.ron
    edited November -1
    Tom a 5/32 Allen wrench to allow the bolt to come out and a 7/16 socket to remove the breech plug.
  • slurpin dogslurpin dog Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the process of installing this conversion kit complicated or pretty staight forward? Damn poor design the way remington sold originally. Not typical of that company! I also checked with cabellas. Item is in stock. # 2ug-217243, price$59.95. Review said "great prouduct, poor instructions".
    edited November -1
    It is very simple actually.The breech plug is just a matter removing the old plug with the 7/16" socket.The bolt is a little more complicated but still easy.Google Remington 700 ML and you can get the whole manual.Its not hard,I just can't explain it to you in this manner.I can't use my hands[:o)]

I have tried it out a fews times and really like what it has done for my rifle.I think its well worth the price.