In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looking for a part

enfieldhunterenfieldhunter Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
I have an old Antonio Zoli/Navy Arms 2 Band Musket and the sear nose wore off. I'm having a difficult time finding the part. Anyone know of where I might come across one? Or a sear that might work. Or even a good smith that could fix it up?

Bill

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If these guys don't have it you are in trouble.
    Try calling them.
    Great tech support at Dixie.

http://www.dixiegun.com/
  • enfieldhunterenfieldhunter Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh yeah, already talked to them. no luck there. i actually have a possibility with these guys: http://www.ssfirearms.com/ but it will have to modded slightly. evidently they do it frequently there. i'm going to wait and keep looking though. i'll probably try to get in touch with some skirmishers and see what they know.

thanks for the reply.
  • Old GunnyOld Gunny Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may have the parts you need- if you can send me a trace outline of the hammer/sear- I also have a front band with bayonet stud for a SMLE- and other ex-military armorer goodies
  • rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try www.VTI.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rgerge
    try www.VTI.com

a technology company? nice spam! [V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old Gunny
    I may have the parts you need- if you can send me a trace outline of the hammer/sear- I also have a front band with bayonet stud for a SMLE- and other ex-military armorer goodies

thanks gunny. I actually found one from Lodgewood and it should be here in a couple of days. I'll try to trace it when I break it down for that. sounds like I should have extras on hand!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old Gunny
    I may have the parts you need- if you can send me a trace outline of the hammer/sear

gunny, i have some photos, how do i send them to you?
    edited November -1
    Gunny - I've posted the photos here: http://www.billbolte.com/gun-lock/. Click the thumbnail to view the full size image (they're full resolution, so they're a bit large). Let me know if that gives you enough to go on. I'm still waiting for that part to come in (should've been here last weekend) so I haven't broken the lock down yet - I don't have the tools. Thanks.

Bill
  • Old GunnyOld Gunny Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enfield= good fotos- and the thumbnails asmd the enlarging feature are a big help- also using a machinist's scale (old Wescott- used to make school rulers too) The parts I have work from a coil spring front sidelock design- the hammer I have might fit-but you have a right side single hammer on this rifle, correct. I'll blow up the fotos and use a magnifier, see if what I have could be re-fitted w/o re-inventing the wheel- if so I'll send them to you, your only cost would be to reimburse me for the USPS surface rate shpg-nickle and dime deal- looks to me like either someone had it apart before you acquired it- or else the Zoli Navy arms actioners aren't quite the same as the Purdey/H&H crew- I have seen those sidelocks, some even gold plated- like seeing a Romex watch "stripped"- Is this a re-enact-ment piece you use often?? OG!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Is this a re-enact-ment piece you use often??
    I actually picked it up at from an online auction - probably should have let it go. i've fired it about 10 times and the sear went. if i can get it in working order and it shoots straight, i'm going to use in the muzzleloading deer season this fall. so, in short, i'm not a re-enactor, i just like the old military rifles. i have a Savage Enfield 303 that i used last year during rifle season (got my first deer with it to!). thanks a bunch.

Bill
    edited November -1
    any luck gunny?
  • smokeymt46smokeymt46 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try cainsoutdoors.com they are affiliated with a machine works they maybe able to make one or even have one. They are located in Willamstown, West Virginia 26187 800-445-1776 Larry
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by enfieldhunter
    try www.VTI.com

a technology company? nice spam! [V]

He meant this: http://www.vtigunparts.com/
    edited November -1
    Bill, I'm sorry, I thought you would of figured that out by yourself.[B)]
    edited November -1
    Bill, try this guy, at www.flintlocksect.com his name is Richard, he was general manager of navy arms for a while, his phone is
    413 698 3822, he can * you one.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Bill, try this guy, at www.flintlocksect.com his name is Richard, he was general manager of navy arms for a while, his phone is
    413 698 3822, he can * you one.

He meant this: http://www.flintlocksetc.com
    edited November -1
    ooops, my bad, good intentions though.............
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rgergeooops, my bad, good intentions though...[;)]
    thanks rgerge and others, I'll check these out. I did finally find a sear that we modified a bit to work, however, I'm having trouble finding an extra nipple now. Thanks again.
    edited November -1
    I have one that came off a navy arms "zoli" buffalo hunter, email me and you can have it, eck49@hotmail.com
    edited November -1
    Bill, you'd better send me a Christmas card, enjoy!!
    edited November -1
    Bill, you'd better send me a Christmas card, enjoy!!

[:D] Deal