In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lyman muzzleloader?

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
Lyman has a new inline on the market called a "Mustang Breakaway". it goes for around $300 and is a hammerless break action 209 style. My question is "Does Lyman make a quality gun?" or are they imported with the Lyman name on it. I like the design of the gun, but I'm not familiar with Lyman guns. Any info appreciated.

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lyman has been known for high quality muzzleloaders. They are made in Italy.
    In the past few months, some guys have been complaining about quality control problems with the Lyman.
  • mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They import from various vendors - my Lyman Great Planes rifle was made in Italy and IMO the best you can buy - puts round balls into 2 inches at 100 with the iron sights and shoots 400 gr bullets into 3. I only feed it real BP. fit and finish are excellent. metal is nicly polished and blued, wood has excellent figure.
  • badboybillybadboybilly Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great muzzeloaders. There in-lines are questionable. I kinda like my Knight. There's better brads out there, how fats your wallet? Stay safe--Billy
  • BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    Their sidelocks are high quality, I am suspect of inlines, have never fired one and may never.
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DITTO...I really like my Lyman 54 Great Plains...Great shooter and nice wood..!

quote:Originally posted by mbsams
    They import from various vendors - my Lyman Great Planes rifle was made in Italy and IMO the best you can buy - puts round balls into 2 inches at 100 with the iron sights and shoots 400 gr bullets into 3. I only feed it real BP. fit and finish are excellent. metal is nicly polished and blued, wood has excellent figure.
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member