In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cowboy Action

curtiss-p6e-hawkcurtiss-p6e-hawk Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
I have a uberti 45 long colt pistol and was wondering how I could get a lighter trigger pull and lightened springs like the cimarron Eivl Roy pistol.

Comments

• curtiss-p6e-hawkcurtiss-p6e-hawk Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have become interested in this. My dad started me thinking and reading up on Marlins a few days ago after my vacation visit to see him. He showed me a catalog on the new Marlins. He wanted the Model 1895XLR or the 1895GS. He decided to save his money for something else that he needed. I told him I could sell the 1889 he gave me a few years ago and get him one and me one too. He agreed. Then I found out I'd be nuts to do that. After I told him my finds, he as well said I'd be nuts![:D]

Anyway, after researching for the past few days I have found two great sites and forums. Thanks to you guys I have become a new "Cowboy Action Shooting" Fan!

I am a 40 year old kid again!
    edited November -1
    I have been looking around at some Colt style replicas in 45 cal. Can anyone give me some tips on whats the best for quality and price for new or newer guns? Obviously COlt would be a great choice but the dang prices are crazy! Is Uberti a good gun?
  • R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uberti makes a fine replica, especially the rifles. Namely the 73, 66 (Yellow Boy), or the 60 (Henry). They are a major manufacturer of cowboy toys, that ship to a bunch of dealers.

Another name to consider is Pietta. They make a model of the 1873 Colt called the Great Western II, imported by EMF. My personal favorite! Several gunsmiths have said it's the closest to a Colt without the pony on it. Good shooters right out of the box!

Here's a few places for you to check out prices, etc.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/

http://www.emf-company.com/

http://www.navyarms.com/

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/

That should keep you busy and out of the bars for a while! [:D] [;)]
    edited November -1
    Who makes Tayler's 1892 Rifles? Uberti?

I am now interested in a 44-40 set rifle and SA revolver.

For now I would like to use my 1889 Marlin 44-40 and team it up with an SA 44-40 revolver.

What ya think?
  • Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are going to join SASS and do matches,you will need 2 revolvers,fyi.
    and a shotgun.
    The Cimmarons are hard to beat,imho. very nice fit and finish.

Heck,I"m a 62 year old kid when I strap em on for a shoot!! :):)
    edited November -1
    Thanks Mort. Yeap whent to my first CAS SASS today.

I am currently looking at two EMF Hartfords. The price is where I need it. God bless......the wife wants in and so does my 13 year old. Gonna go broke QUICK!
  • Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the expense is high when the whole family shoots the game,but the fun factor is HIGHER!!! than a kite. :)

my adult son just got into it with me and I"m still grinning as if I had sense.
  • PennyPincherPennyPincher Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by curtiss-p6e-hawk
    Who makes Tayler's 1892 Rifles? Uberti?

I am now interested in a 44-40 set rifle and SA revolver.

For now I would like to use my 1889 Marlin 44-40 and team it up with an SA 44-40 revolver.

What ya think?

Armi Chiappa (also known as Armi Sport) makes the rifles and Taylor's imports them. They are beautiful. Unfortunately I have not been up close and personal with mine yet as I'm waiting to get licensed before taking possession from my brother.