In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wild Bunch Division, SASS

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
Just saw a note on an ad stating that SASS has recently sanctioned a new division, called "Wild Bunch." Guns allowed are steel-framed, 5 inch, stock-appearing, 1911 pistols. Interesting, hunh?

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I've watched a couple of "wensday night at the range" shows about that, looks like a real good time. Ben Johnson told me storys about making that movie, sounded like a good time was had by all. One of my favorites.
    W.D.
  • Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The shoot I go to in Wy. the subject was brought up this year of staring one. Sounded interesting.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Just saw a note on an ad stating that SASS has recently sanctioned a new division, called "Wild Bunch." Guns allowed are steel-framed, 5 inch, stock-appearing, 1911 pistols. Interesting, hunh?

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer. Bitter, Angry, Biased, and Unfair Administrator of The Discussion Forums At Gunbroker.

Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

Check on Dawnie's mom here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bobbiepennick

John 16:3

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great
    pleasure." Clarence Darrow

David..., What's up with your sig line?
  • Options
    Brazos_JohnBrazos_John Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've been shooting Wild Bunch for the past 7 years or so at the Texas Historical Shootist Society in Columbus. We use 1911's (mine has military marks, and was built in 1918), Broomhandle Mausers, and lots of other period-correct autos, along with P-C double actions, like S&W M&Ps.
    Of course, one of the stars is the 1897 Winchester (We shall gather at the river - Y'ALL SING!). See THSS.org / Special Events / Wild Bunch for our rules. Not exactly like SASS (we can use DA's), but we like it this way. Third weekend, every October.
    And, on most stages, the targets are small and far. None of that Big and Close stuff. Except for our life-size, standing Grizzly Bear. But, people even miss him!

Y'all come visit. Shoot a spell. Have a Lone Star with me (the National Beer of Texas) once the line goes cold.
    See you down the trail.