In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Encore breech plug not right....

elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
My 209x50 barrel has the "speed breech" meaning it should come out after a 1/4 turn but the breech plug wrench that came with it does not hold onto the plug tight enough to pull it out. It takes a VERY LITE tap with the ram rod down the barrel to get it to come out. The breech plug looks fine but the treads in the barrel look like they were made at the end of a long day with a dull cutter. Two questions...

1)Is this something a local gun smith can help me with?

2)If I send this back to TC...how is their service and turn around times?

Comments

• OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would first, take it back where you got it and get a new one, try to get them to make it right at the store. "they can get another barrel out of T/C alot faster than you can."

as far as I can tell there CS is/was good when I needed it.

I had a ATV/hunting incident a few yrs ago long story.[:I]
    anyway, I broke the hammer spur off of mine, a short phone call and the part was on its way. in less than a wk and W/ the help of a few Explitives while trting to line up all those little Far-king! springs and i was back in buisness.
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp
    I would first, take it back where you got it and get a new one, try to get them to make it right at the store. "they can get another barrel out of T/C alot faster than you can."

anyway, I broke the hammer spur off of mine, a short phone call and the part was on its way. in less than a wk and W/ the help of a few Explitives while trting to line up all those little Far-king! springs and i was back in buisness.

Took them 10 weeks to get this one. I don't have that kind of time.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elkoholic
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp

Took them 10 weeks to get this one. I don't have that kind of time.

[:0] WOW!!! scratch that idea for sure. I was thinking more of an exchange rather than, them returning it and you waiting for it to come back.

Call T/C see what they say. Never know thay might pony up a new one and exchange it via snail mail. I'd try for that next.

I would exspect that T/c could get it back in 4-6 wks
    3-5 buisness days there and back puts you at about 1 and some for shipping, and then 3 wks to work it into their repair schedule and turn it out.

of course this was 6-7yrs ago when i bought mine and the shop i bought it from in utah had 20-30 of them.
    I was there over memorial day wwekend and he had 15+ of those new encore's with that speed breech thing.
    That is why I suggested, just to take it back. Those must be in high demand if it took 10wks to get the first one.

GOOD LUCK
  • geterdon69geterdon69 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey guys
    i had problem with 7mm\08 barrel from tc sent it back and 18 days later new barrel showed up. they dont mess around with barrels to much, if you have a real problem send it back. there good guys down there they will make it right.send it back, and wait 7-10 days and give them a call. 9 times out of 10 they will just send you a new one. send a little note with the barrel and they will take care of you . i would not wait until deer season to do it ,because it might take twice as long. i have delt with these people a few times with troubles with my encore and they take right good care of me!
    good luck friend
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    I took it to a local gun smith late last week. He was able to clean up the threads enough that the plug comes out the way it is supposed to. It still looks like hell but it works.
    edited November -1