In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Caliber change for CAS

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
a group of us set up our own CAS range out behind the house.
I've been using a 32mag/32-20 Vaquero and a 357/38/9mm Blackhawk and a Rossi 1892 in 45. (I share a shotgun with another guy).
I want to shoot the same caliber revolver and rifle.
I'm leaning towards an 1892 in 32(sell the 45) but ammo isnt cheap.
thought about getting a revolver in 45 but i'd hate to sell one of my rugers.
what's the most practical solution?
thanks
tom

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most practical solution from the standpoint of CAS would be to ditch the .32-20 and .45 carbine and go all .38.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    do they make a lever carbine in 38?
    will a 357 rossi shoot 38?
    thanks
    tom
  • Options
    ken44-40ken44-40 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Practical????? The most practical solution is to buy another 32 Mag/32-20 Vaquero, a 32-20 and '32 Mag Lever Gun of your choice, a pair of NMV in .45 Colt; another Blackhawk convertible and a '38 cal lever gun of your choice. That way you'll have 4 different calibers you can shoot as the mood strikes.
  • Options
    kturockkturock Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes they make .357/.38 lever action rifles.

my wife and i both use marlins, but puma, winchester and cimerron also makes them in .357/.38. also in .45 LC.

you next choice should be to either buy reloads or learn to relaod yourself.. especially if 2 of you shoot the same caliber.

to buy a press and all it's components isn't cheaper.. but you'll cut you cost in half. if costs me about .10 a round to shoot now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:you next choice should be to either buy reloads or learn to relaod yourself

I was thinking the same thing, i traded one of the guys a benchmade fixed blade for a press and all the accessories. now to learn how to use it![?][:)]
    thanks!
    tom