In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remingtons New Genesis ??

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
Anybody own or have any info on Remingtons newest offering (Genesis)? I like the design. I have an Encore 50 cal. now and was thinking about selling it and getting the Genesis just because it is a simpler design. The Encore is a great gun and I have dropped many deer with it, but I like to change things up every few years.

I was also considering the Savage ML10 because of the smokeless capability. Virginia now allows it.

Any info much appreciated.

Comments

• ahanksterahankster Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only review I heard of it was that it was not very well made and was made for Remington in either spain or italy. Barrel is supposted to be of the same quality as a CVA or there about.

Why would you trade from what is among the best b/p guns, an encore, to go down in quality?

To go to the Savage for the smokeless capability I could understand. But to go to the genisis would be like trading your encore for an optima.

I like to change things too, but I ain't changing up, down or sideways when it comes to b/p and my Encore.
    Hank
  • KX500KX500 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I've heard the Genesis is just another cheaply made foreign muzzleloader that Remington puts their name on.

Go with the Savage. I did and can't imagine going back.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Savage, and I give it five gold stars. Accurate and powerful.
    Imagine, you can hunt all day, and when you get home, you can worry about cleaning your deer and not your rifle.
  • KatsteeKatstee Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Remington Genesis is the exact same rifle as the Traditions Yukon. As a matter of fact, Traditions makes the Genesis for Remington in its Spanish manufacturing facility. If you like the Genesis, you can get the Traditions Yukon for less.
    I would buy a TC, Knight, or NEF Huntsman instead.