In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Replica Arms Inc Marietta Ohio BP pistol

NGSNGS Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Does anyone know more information on a Replica Arms Inc Marietta Ohio Black Powder Pistol Made In Italy? I am interested in it's value. Any links, references or help would be appreciated.

Thank you
NGS

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this a single shot pistol?
    Revolver?
    Caliber?

We need any and all markings. Photos are what we really need.
  • NGSNGS Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a 5 shot revolver. 36 Caliber, black powder. I have pictures but not sure how to get them to you on this board.
    edited November -1
    I hear you. I cannot put photos from my electronic camera onto the internet.
    I can take photos to the library, they scan them, and email them to my yahoo email account, then I can put them on my photobucket account, and I am good to go.
    Maybe you could do that.
    edited November -1
    I have the pics on my pc, but do not know how to attach them to this reply, I do not see any attach function on this. I can put them on a link for you or can you give me your yahoo mail address to send them too. It may be a 1862 model police or a NYM police 1862 by some pics i found the NYM is no longer available if it is that one, not sure. Is there onother spot on this site that i can load it...THX Nick
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Nick - if you go to the "Ask the experts" forum, there is a sicky there that tells you how to get a picture into your post.
    You need to have a photobucket.com account (it is free).
    edited November -1
    Thanks I'll check it out...
    edited November -1
    Here are the pics...THX Nick

Copyofuntitled1.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    edited November -1
    Great photos!
    I'm sure somebody will chime in and give you the info you want.
  • bprevolverbprevolver Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your revolver was made by Uberti. Replica Arms started out in El Paso, Texas with the 1847 Walker. It was later bought out and moved to Marietta, Ohio. It was eventually bought out by Navy Arms. These will be marked Replica Arms Ridgefield NJ. During the transition period you will find both the Navy Arms name and the Replica Arms logo on the revolver. They were manufactured by Armi San Marcos, Uberti, and Pietta at different periods.

Replica Arms is one of the more collectable replica firearms because of its history and the quality of revolvers produced. At this time your revolver would be evaluated at whatever the current value of a new Pietta, etc. plus 30% up (minimum of $300). There will be no more Replica Arms made.

Check out the Replica Percussion Revolver Collector's Association Web Site at http://rprca.tripod.com

Dr. Jim L. Davis
    edited November -1
    Wow, Jim thanks for the quick response, I will check out the site. Not sure if I want to get rid of it or keep it and shot it. I looks like it's never been fired. On the top of the barrel it only says Replica Arms Inc - Marietta Ohio - Italy, Nothing about NJ...but you seem to know much more than I do...THX Nick
  • yourhtyourht Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got the same powder gun and know nothing about it. Did you find out what it is worth aprox?
    edited November -1
    What mine has on top of the barrel is REPLICA ARMS INC. MARIETTA - OHIO - MADE IN ITALY
    on the right side it has -BLACK POWDER ONLY-
    PN Cal. 36
    and just above the trigger on the same side it has PN XX8

on the bottom in front of the trigger it has an 8 5 9 which may be a serial number.

I don't know what do you think???
    edited November -1
    see the reply up a couple from yours on this post. I have not gone back to the website in a while, but it was in the $300.00 plus range then
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just paid $280 for a Replica Arms, Marietta, Ohio, 1860 Army. It was made in 1966. Very nice quality, excellent blued finish and the best case colored frame I've seen on an Italian pistol. Really poorly fit grips though, will definitely need to be replaced. Mine is unfired, in the original box.
    Gun values are what someone will pay for it today, not what some book says, so I'd say your piece is in the $275 - $300 range.
    edited November -1
    Thanks
    Now I have some idea of what I bought from a neighbor's garage sale for $40.00 with 36 cal lead ball and powder among a few other items.
    I didn't have a clue, but it seemed like a good buy. I'm not sure if it's been fired or not.
  • sockssocks Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm always reading how you lucky dogs trip over these treasures at garage sales. Lamps, kid's clothes and old bikes; That's all I ever find.