In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ml 700 muzzle loader

tsnipetsnipe Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
im looking for a conversion kit to convert from stock #11 to 209 primer any help?

Comments

• westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ordered mine through Cabela's. Not very hard to change over the instructions that came with it were very good, the hardest part was changing the spring on the bolt other than that nothing to it. You might want to buy a couple extra 209 nipples for it when you do get it though just in case they stop producing them. I paid about 45 bucks for mine a few months ago and five bucks apiece for extra 209 nipples for it. The conversion kit itself is not made by Remington, although it works just fine and I've had no problems with it whatsoever.
  • tsnipetsnipe Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i called cabelas and they said they didnt have any, refered me to brownells and they said the same thing. i have three of these guns and need at least one conversion kit.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://cnejsblackpowder.com/store/ml700kit.html

If this link does not bear fruit, keep your eyes open, they appear on gunbroker from time to time.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    Ordered mine through Cabela's. Not very hard to change over the instructions that came with it were very good, the hardest part was changing the spring on the bolt other than that nothing to it. You might want to buy a couple extra 209 nipples for it when you do get it though just in case they stop producing them. I paid about 45 bucks for mine a few months ago and five bucks apiece for extra 209 nipples for it. The conversion kit itself is not made by Remington, although it works just fine and I've had no problems with it whatsoever.
    edited November -1
    do you happen to have the part or stock number so i could at least give them somthing to look up? thanx.
    edited November -1
    You ought to contact this guy.
    It says the bidding ended a month ago, but, nobody bid!
    Maybe he still has the kit for sale.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116815535
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsnipe
    do you happen to have the part or stock number so i could at least give them somthing to look up? thanx.

Cabela's Fall 2008 Master Catalog. Item number HJ-21-6646-001. Replacement 209 nipples HJ-21-6646-002.

EDIT* Just checked the item number and it is discontinued. Try here if you're still not having any luck. http://www.shooterschoice.com/Rem209Special.htm and http://www.shooterschoice.com
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    The davescatalog link says the product is discontinued.
    That Canadian company looks like a good prospect, though.
  • nmaineronnmaineron Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought my kit through Armurier Lavaltrie in Canada.They were easy to deal with except for a small burp with the Paypal system.They list for $59.95 Canadian which is $49.95 US plus free shipping.

I am curious as to why that aren't being marketed anywhere anymore.Ron