In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pistol ID and Value

Salem6Salem6 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
I bought this pistol back in the early eighty's best I can remember. Never cared for it due to inaccuracy so it was hung on the wall a couple of years later where it has been since. I'm about to move and getting rid of a few things and this being one of them.

Gun has not had the best care but still in decent shape. Bore is still shinny, cylinder rotates fine, and overall in great working condition. I have no idea where I bought it and know very little about it or any BP as far as that goes.
Just wondering if someone could enlighten me a little.

TIA, Billy

100_3620.jpg
100_3616.jpg
100_3622.jpg
100_3624-2.jpg

Comments

• D.DelozierD.Delozier Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is an Armi San Marco (ASM) the AZ is a date code for 1990.
    ASM is no longer in bussiness,but other companies still make that modle.A new in the box Pietta like yours sells for around 179.00 at Cabelas. I've seen these sell for 90.00 to 125.00 or so depending on condition,right here on Gun Broker.
  • Salem6Salem6 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Appreciate the info DD. I did do some digging after your post and found some more on the gun. Looks like just a bottom line BP pistol.

....but made in the 90's???

Wounder what that was I bought in the early eighty's. I didn't keep up with what all I purchased back then. It was before I got married and didn't have someone reminding me just how many I did buy. Don't have that problem today [:D]
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Armi San Marco was a medium quality pistol. Also, the brass frame is not as desireable as a steel frame for strength and durability.
  • rgabbard1rgabbard1 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a copy of an 1861 Navy Colt, I have one just like it, I don't think I would try firing it because of that crack in the trigger housing strap, the cylinder might not move correctly and align the next shot. What do you think you want for it??
  • ken44-40ken44-40 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rgabbard1
    It is a copy of an 1861 Navy Colt, I have one just like it, I don't think I would try firing it because of that crack in the trigger housing strap, the cylinder might not move correctly and align the next shot. What do you think you want for it??

I'm afraid you ar wrong on all points. It's a Remington copy, not Colt, and the trigger housing strap isn't cracked.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with using this pistol as long you don't try to max out the loads. It will last a long time using 25-30 grain loads.

A used Brass ASM Remington is worth in the neighborhood of $125 to $175 based on appearance of the condition from the pictures.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rgabbard1

Ken 44-40 is absolutely right and you are absolutely wrong. Also, you should know that Navy caliber is .36 and the subject revolver is .44 Army caliber. Here's a replica .36 caliber 1861 Colt Navy:

pix47999328.jpg

I respectfully suggest that you refrain from dispensing such blatant misinformation in the future.
  • Salem6Salem6 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Crack" is actually a seam, poorly fit, but a seam all the same. The pistol is a .44 or at least thats what was shot through it. I still have a few round balls left from the last battle with this gun. If and when I get a little time I will list the pistol on the auction side based on the info given here. I appreciate the input guys.
    Billy