In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anybody Ever Try This?

R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
This'll probably sound weird, but I've heard it works pretty cool.

While loading BP 12ga, dump a bit of colored chalk line powder over the shot to give you a colored smoke cloud.

I've heard that there's a powder used to color mortar or concrete, that's supposed to show up better than the chalk line stuff, but the only thing I've seen so far is a liquid...uh, that ain't gonna get it!

Our club has our year end annual match coming up in December, and I thought I'd spice things up a bit! [:D]

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never heard of it, never saw the need. The concrete dyes I have seen are powdered and usually come in black, adobe and a kind of cinnamon. The liquid dye comes in greater variety. Stucco colorants are also powdered, may work for you and come in several colors, mostly earthy tones.

You can get the basic stuff at Home Depot or Lowe's.
  • knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard of a guy packing shreded cotton so that when he shoots it looks like feathers flying. He has, i think, used copper so that the flames shoots green and other colors.
  • macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a guy at our club that loads feathers in some of his shot shells.
    Marc
  • R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc...I think I've heard about that guy! Did he pull that feather stunt at Mule Camp? A guy I shoot with here goes every year, and saw a guy pull the bit with the feathers...damn near wet his pants laughing! [:D]

While I was at Lowes getting the red powder, I saw some various colored metallic glitter that's used for grout...hmmm, might be the next test project. [:o)]