In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 500 Muzzle loader barrel?????

phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I am sitting here waiting for the wife and kids to get home, surfing the web for gun stuff and come across a conversion kit for a Mossberg 500.
Just wondering if anyone could give me feedback on them, pros or cons, that sort of thing.
Thanks in advance.
DSM

Comments

• Options
    derfhunterderfhunter Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi;
    I had a 50 cal.barrel made by hastings for my remington 870 that seemed to work fine. It was 15 years ago, and had the 209 ignition. I only used it one year and then bought an remington 700 ml.
  • Options
    Hog SniperHog Sniper Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to find one for an 870...If anyone has one please drop me a line at gruby62@hotmail.com
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a fellow I work with got one for either the mossberg or the 870, I just remember him saying how much of a pain it was to clean as the blowback had crud all over the inside of the receiver, also it was next to impossible to get caps on and off as you had to reach in the receiver up to the breech in the end of the barrell to get to the nipple. hope this may help.