In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can you recommend a sight?

amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
Preferably a tang site with the right cant that'll work on one of those 1858 Remington Cattleman Carbines? (adj for windage and elevation?) I have one sitting around here with a wobble windage adjustment, but it isn't suitable. When flipped up, it leans too far forward for the angle of that stock.

That buckhorn has to go...

halfway down the stinkin barrel... no class.

Comments

• amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    Hmmm... I guess no one's tried it?

I have thought about getting a remington target front and rear sight pair, from the target pistol, and getting the top strap dovetailed to take the sight.
  • BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
  • amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Blckhrn
    Look at http://trackofthewolf.com/

Thanks Blkhorn.

I've seen those. The problem is that the vast majority of those sights are made for 1874 and "newer" models, the principle problem being spacing between tang screws.

The additional problem is the angle of the sight when it is popped up. The creedmore (I think it is) that I have stares down at the back of the hammer. It doesn't seem that playing with that spring loaded part that stabilizes it is going to help.

I guess no one's tried it before.

This version of that remmie is built like a toy. I would be skittish about drilling another hole in that tang and stock. The spacing is 1 1/4. Most tang sights are longer or shorter than that.