In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I can't sleep at night because of this stupid gun

petartistpetartist Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
It all started last week. I was going through my safe. Then I saw that old black powder shotgun. I bought it over 25 years ago, from who I don't even remember. I thought it was pretty at the time.
I went online last week to see what it's worth. I have had some small crisis come up, someone is ill.
I am looking for ways to raise cash. That's why I opened that safe.
I wrote the maker of the gun.
He wrote me back. He wants this gun. I have since found out it may be EXTREMELY rare. In fact, I cannot find a photo of another one online, or even one for sale or that has been sold.
This, I'm sure reputable person wants me to ship it overseas.
I have no real offer of a price. $1000.00 at least has been mentioned so far, but maybe more. It depends. He needs to see it, he says.
I took it to a local gun shop to buy a shipping box and that guy about wet his pants when he saw it! He did everything he could to talk me out of shipping it.
That's when I knew I had some trouble.
How can I possibly figure out what it's worth if there is not another one to compare it to?
If I ship it away, can I then get it back, if the offer is not good enough?
I am way out of my league here, and I know it.
I see it's been used, this gun. It's not new shiny and still in it's velvet box. But it's in useable condition, inside the barrels are shiny like glass. It's signed. It's authentic. It has had some wear. But, then again, what if it's the only one left?
I am haunted by this gun now. I think about all day at work.

Comments

• rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We cannot help you without information. Who is the maker? What is the caliber? Is it side by side or over & under? Does it have a readable serial number? Take a picture of it & post it. There are many people here that have vast experience & knowledge that can help you but not with what you have provided so far.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had posted an informative and good natured response to your query.
    Then I went over to "Ask the Experts" and read your exchanges with the well-informed and good natured forum members over there.
    It is evident that you are more interested in playing mind games, than in getting help. So, I have erased my response.
    Good bye.
  • petartistpetartist Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got the answers I needed, thanks.
  • mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is NO WAY I would ship a firearm out of country without it being paid for!! Send photos, describe everything about it, etc., and ask for an offer. Then decide if you want to part with it. My 2 cents worth. Emery
  • Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    you have left us to ponder and now i can not sleep at night until you have appesed out souls with your story
  • Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can you say 'NIgerian scam' ??

ship it overseas to an unknown party? not without cash,and I mean CASH in hand first.
  • TalentedTalented Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

But ofcourse he should sell it overseas ,if the price is right.
    Right ! ?[:)]
  • TalentedTalented Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeez this is quite an old thread.anyhow he said the manufactorer wanted to buy it.The MANUFACTORER is'nt just anyone....
  • rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    does your toe fit?