In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Primers

fvpd201fvpd201 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
One more question Does any one know how I can deprime a primer so they dont go off I want to make up some dummy shells for my holster when I have it up on display would putting them in oil stop them from maybe going off you guys be lots of help I really thank you Ed

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,

Can someone explain why it is near impossible to get pistol primers and some brands of powder?

I understand a lot of resources are going oversees to support our troops.

Is this the only reason?

Thanks ,

Mark J
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of paranoid component hoarders out there now. We went through this when Clinton was elected also. Eventually the manufacturers will catch up and they will be available at reasonable prices. I was at a gun show today where people who bought primers at the local sporting goood store for $24 were hawking them at the gun show for $40. Isn't the capitalistic system grand?
    DON'T PANIC!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I use CCI large Pistol and have about 1,000 left. They burn up quickly when practicing for SASS competion.

I have 5,000 on back order thru Cabelas so when they arrive, I should be good for a while.

Thanks for the replies,

Mark J
  • Options
    nikiznnikizn Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by fvpd201
    Hello,

Can someone explain why it is near impossible to get pistol primers and some brands of powder?

I understand a lot of resources are going oversees to support our troops.

Is this the only reason?

Thanks ,

Mark

T&k Guns in Zanesville,Ohio just got about 50,000 remington small rifle and pistol in stock today pluse about 50 pounds of 748 powder.