In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Finally completed

divecopdivecop Member Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
I just brought home my last item I needed to be complete for CAS.
It's a new model blackhawk 357. I went against my grain by buying
a stainless steel pistol. I have an old model blackhawk I bought in
1972 and I compared them. Seems like the new model is heavier and
bigger in the cylinder. Is this true or is it just me. Maybe I'm old
fashion but I like the old model better. Don't take to all this
transfer bar stuff or open the loading gate and lock up the works
B S. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    having been raised on old models you won't find me owning a new model.I did once,HATED the fact that the charge holes don't line up like on the old models.Not sure how they compare weight wise.
    Sounds like yore about set for the fun.:)
  • divecopdivecop Member Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After comparing the two and shooting the new one, I like the old ones
    better also. But whachagonnado?
  • Noah MercyNoah Mercy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The New Model Vaquero has the same size frame as the old Blackhawk. It is a fixed sight revolver and is available in 357 Magnum and 45 Colt, high-polish stainless steel (looks like a nickel plated gun) or case color finish. This latter is not a true case hardening, but an "ink" which will come off with hard wear or overzealous cleaning. (There is no need to case harden a Ruger...their steel is already tougher than most of the case hardened stuff and not just on the surface.) They have added a detent which helps hold the chambers in line for loading and unloading.

For those who may be unaware, an adjustable sighted revolver will place you in the "Modern" category unless you are under 16 or over 48. In those cases, the specific categories allow the Blackhawks.

[:D]