In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Peep sights for Thompson Center

kazookazoo Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
Just wondering,, I am thinking about a peep sight for my Thompson Center Renegade but I noticed that there are three different types of peep sights available. One fits on the barrel and two fit on the tang. Just wondering about opinions from those who have used peep sights which are better for muzzle loading, barrel or tang sights. Thanks

Comments

• anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm looking at the WGRS Williams peep sight for my next muzzle loader. I like the elevation and windage adjustments, but what I'd like to know is this: is the peep sight best for hunting and quick target acquisition? [?] [?] or is a peep sight best for target shooting? [?] [?]
    edited November -1
    Please ... any thoughts on the WGRS Williams peep sight?
  • Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey,

In my opinion the peep sight is best for hunting because it does give you a quick target acquisition but with the proper front sight a peep sight is also suitable for target shooting.

Bode
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the heads up ... I think I will go with the WGRS Williams peep sight. What would get the best front sight with it. My main shooting with the Hopkins & Allen Underhammer will be target.
  • Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as a front sight I'd suggest either a round lollipop looking sight with a hole in the middle or a medium/course post.

Bode