In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Overtop muzzleloader

student1946student1946 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
Just saw a new muzzle loading rifle sold by Taylor's and Co.Inc which folds like the old Beretta single shot shotguns.Has anyone had any experience with one?www.taylorsfirearms.com has it and calls it the Overtop.Looks like a cartridge rifle built by Falco Arms of the same model name.Look it over;it's real pretty.

Comments

• Options
    Underdog2264Underdog2264 Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is an interesting looking piece, I'm curious to see what the gang has to say about it.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is one of the sharpest looking inlines I have ever seen.

This is the first time I have seen or heard of it.
  • Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hadn't heard of it before either, but I like it. It looks light, which I always approve of.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Nice looking gun there, but the price tag is a little steep.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,226 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a good looking rifle. As far as I know, nobody else is making wooden stocks for inlines these days.
    AT $750 it is one of the most expensive inlines.
  • Options
    Underdog2264Underdog2264 Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found the Falco, www.falcoarms.com/IT/prodotti_overtop.asp and it looks like a match to me. Still one of the better looking inlines I have come across. I would like to have one in hand and feel the balance and how it points.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I make no claims to being a gunsmith,but it seems to me that with that through-bolt joint between the barrel and receiver, the company could offer extra barrels a la T.C.That company offers a center fire rifle from the same distributor in.223 and.243.Is there anyone who knows how to beg and plead to www.falcoarms.com in Italian?
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,226 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TC Encore, NEF, and CVA all offer multiple barrel systems.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    TC Encore, NEF, and CVA all offer multiple barrel systems.

Knight with their new KP1 can also be added to this list
    knight
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I realize that this is subjective,but I think the Overtop is the most attractive inline I've seen and would make a fine switch barrel which while not as inexpensive as the NEF or others,is still much cheaper than other European and American high end rifles(custom Kentucky and under hammer long rifles,Blaser,Dakota,etc.)and, to my taste,more pleasing to the eye than T.C Contenders and the high end bolt action in-lines.There,I've probably just earned deportation.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i agree,i like the looks. now if it shoots. eastbank.