In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walker pistol & Jose Wales

SSD0321SSD0321 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
It's late on a Saturday nigh and Oh how times have changed. I remember running out in town chasing skirts and now I'm at home with a couple friends and the wife dinking a bottle of wine, arguing if the pistol Clint Eastwood carried in the movie "Out Law Jose Wales" was a cartridge converted Walker .44 or not. Was it even a Walker at all? We don't have the movie here to put this to rest. Some one help us!

Comments

• LEE3370LEE3370 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy SSD0321,
    If this comes out right, click on the http address , scroll down to the last post and there is a good description of all the guns he used in the movie. I love that movie!!!!!!!!![8D]

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=4347.165

Lee
  • SSD0321SSD0321 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Lee, I can see from the link you sent that I was right. He did indeed have a cap and ball Walker, I can also see that everyone eles was right too. He did have a few pistols and some of wich were conversions. But they are all sleeping off the hangover. They'll never know the whole truth. HA, Thanks!
  • LEE3370LEE3370 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, BUT, what did Clint REALLY use in filming the movie?
    Some of the props he used was made out of rubber!!!!! [:D]
    Lee
  • SSD0321SSD0321 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just can't bring myself to think that Clint used anything but the real McCoy. It's Clint for god sake. I am skeptical at times, however, after watching the final scene in Brave Heart, when Gibson's' men take to the field one last time after his death. If you watch closely and then in slow motion you can see the battle ax is swaying up top the staff. Clearly made of soft rubber, and to think I got all choked up.
  • amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    Cimarron is making a "man with no name" 51 conversion. But if you want the rattle snakes on the grip, it will cost 200 more. I think that's crappy marketing.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/New2006/ManW-NoName.htm
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    --[8D]-Yo BP'rs

imgp0010qo6.jpg

--I picked this older post, because you guys were already in the Walker-Colt mood-

--Check out this display of mine--I just got a digital camera and am learning how to use it--

--[:o)][:o)]--JIMBO
  • surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimbowby
    --[8D]-Yo BP'rs

imgp0010qo6.jpg

--I picked this older post, because you guys were already in the Walker-Colt mood-

--Check out this display of mine--I just got a digital camera and am learning how to use it--

All that's missing from that display is a sign, "In case of war with Mexico, break glass."
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]-Yo surbat6-That is too funny and I think Sam Walker had his share of fights with Mexicans in the 1840's--

• ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one years ago and found that it wasn't all that accurate with 60 grs of 3F but that the groups really tightened up as I decreased the powder charge. With 30 grains and those crude sites, I was getting about a 2" group at 25 yards, nicely centered. The heavier loads were all over the paper.