In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever heard of Nitro 2400 powder?

reece1962reece1962 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I'm kinda new to muzzle loading and I have come into possession of a custom built muzzle loader in .58cal. It came with supply of bullets, shotgun primers and a container of powder marked 2400 Nitro. It shoots awesome, extremely accurate but I never heard of or have seen this powder? Is there a subsitute I can use? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    The only 2400 powder that I know of is Smokeless powder which is bad juju for a muzzleloader (with the exception of the Savage 10ML).

Due to the fact that your muzzleloader hasn't exploded yet, it probably isn't the same stuff.
  • Options
    derfhunterderfhunter Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi;
    I have no idea what this powder is, but I would find out before I shot any more of it. Does this powder create a cloud of smoke when you shoot a shot. If not I would stop using it until I was sure what it is and if it is safe for your muzzleloader. I personally use pyrodex powder.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muzzleloaders should be shooting Black Powder only - says so on the barrel.