In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey,

Found a good deal on some Hodgdon 777 the other day. $6.00 a can. I bought three and may go back for some more. Normal price on the stuff was $26.00 plus tax. Couldn't resist.

Bode

P.S. that is enough black powder sub. to last me a long time.

Comments

• anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did you find that deal?
  • R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd buy a couple cases at that price. It sells from $18-24 around here.

That's the main reason I quit using it and went with the real deal!
    edited November -1
    Please ... how do we get in on this?
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    website or walkin ?????
  • Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This was at a local Wal-Mart. About 60 miles or so east of Dallas, Texas. If you know where Commerce, Texas is you can get in on this deal. I don't know if there is any left but I will check on it.

Bode
  • cowboytx6791cowboytx6791 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OH MAN i am in dallas, and my wife gave me a choice, a new 1911 or stuff for my inline. I am kinda glad I went with the 1911 but I could have bought enough BP to last a lifetime!!!!!
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great price!!! I have been tempted to try the 777 in my 38-55's.

cowboytx6791....You made a wise decision...(hard to turn down a 1911)
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
    edited November -1
    I'm trying the Hodgdon 777 right now, and so far, I think, it shoots about the same as Pyrodex P, but the clean up is a lot easier!

Sure wish I could find it for $6.00 a can!

Is the "dreaded crud ring" that comes with the 777 pellets a problem with the loose powder? So fare I have not seen it with loose 777 ... but I've seen it with the round pellets! Nasty stuff!
  • scubabobfscubabobf Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walmart seems to have good deals after blackpowder season closes on most black powder supplies. I once bought 10 boxes of prelube Maxi ball (54 cal) at $1.00 each. Soaked off the old lube and will relube as needed. Glad I did as the majority of local stores now stock only 45 and 50 bullets. I check WalMarts after the season to get the supplies for next season and hope the powder is reduced.
    edited November -1
    I'm using the Hodgdon 777 for the past few times out shooting and I like it pretty well for accuracy and the clean up is really a breeze!