In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hand loading 410 rounds

dlpdlpdlpdlp Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Anyone hand reloading their own .410 rounds and what is the best kit for this purpose? As you know 410 ammo is expensive, and makes me hesitate to shoot as much as I would like to. I like 410 just because it's what I grew up with, it makes clay pigeons tougher to bust and it's a great all around round for anything from varmits with slugs to squirrel with 4 shot. (I usually hunt them squill with a 22 but sometimes 410. A 410 can take quail, squill, and * all with one gun and one pocket of ammo. I have a Rossi single, a 9410 and now a Marlin 1895 and would like to run more ammo through them all. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reload mine with a Mec 600. I've had the best luck with Win. hulls.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Same here, Remington hulls arn't too bad, but Win is the way to go. Takes a little more time than loading 12 or 20 gauge, but worth it. I was in Bi Mart last weekend, all they had in 410 was Remington 2 1/2" #6s and they wanted $11.99 a box. If that won't motivate ya, nothing will.
    W.D.
  • Options
    Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mec Jr. will run $150 new, but with half ounce loads you'll pay for it quickly. Did you ever check your pattern with #4 shot? Unless your within 15 yards I'll bet you got big holes!