In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

H&R Sidekick

campazzadacampazzada Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
Does anybody know what happened to these muzzleloaders?? My son bought one 2 years ago ,then they disappeared, The gun shoots real nice and the price was great too. For the amount of times we go muzzleloading it's great. Thanks

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought they quit making them lack of sales, had terible triggers, If you do a lot of shooting there is no way to get into the receiver to clean the trigger assembley, the trigger will get real stiff and quit functioning after a while. short of dipping the whole receiver it is near impossible to clean.
  • campazzadacampazzada Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's really not that difficult to remove trigger assembly. Just takes some patience. If anyone has one they want to sell shoot me an e-mail. They are built real simular to toppers and the rest of H&R single shots.I've checked the auction side and very rare one comes up,when it does way to much money.....
  • hunterXhunterX Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes they stopped making them. I bought a huntsman in 50 threw the barrel program , I heard they were going to end the sales of those also but at this time I do not know if they did yet or not.
    If they still have them in their barrel program and you already own a NEF rifle/shotgun , I would go that route.
    P.S , I clean my receiver out but blasting gun scrubber threw all the openings and nothing has happed yet , maybe I will do a tear down this year now that you all got me thinking about it
  • hunterXhunterX Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just went and looked and the huntsman barrels are no longer being offered either , so scrap that idea.
    You say they were high $$$ when you found the sidekicks, may I ask about what those prices were?

Here is a huntsman , the reserve has been met at $150.
    Keep in mind the huntsman is considered a firearm for shipping purposes , where as in the sidekick is not as it applies to FFL holders,etc

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=145162032
  • KatsteeKatstee Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In case anyone is interested, H&R is again offering Huntsman .50 cal muzzle loading barrels. Just make sure you send the receiver to the Ilon, NY address on their barrel accessory program. Disregard H&R's website saying there are no .50 cal BP barrels available. People I know have been sending in their receivers and getting these barrels fitted. This is cheaper than buying a complete Sidekick or Huntsman.