In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lever Scatterguns

Ndn OutlawNdn Outlaw Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I need some feedback on the lever shotguns.I have a Remington dbl barrel spr 210 hamerless that I have grown to hate.I am contemplating one of those 87 lever 12 ga.scatterguns.Anybody?????????This is for SASS shoots.

Comments

• Options
    R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's a few guys in my club here using them. Depending on your own personal level of "competition", they need a little work to make em run smooth.

They can be pretty stiff right out of the box, but with use, they should loosen up a bit. I've heard they need some tuning to pull off the "load 2" trick. One of our shooters is an absolute wizard loading 2 at a time. I've watched him several times, and he's so fast and smooth it still looks like he only loaded one.

In a word....practice! It's a whole different animal than a 97 or a double. [;)]
  • Options
    Ndn OutlawNdn Outlaw Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I beleive if you have to have work done on a weapon before it works properly,then it isnt worth have having.I also dont believe in "slicking up" guns.The old Cowboys got em right out of the Mercantile and put em to use.Just my opinion.And Thanks for your input,it helps me to make up my mind.
  • Options
    horsevethorsevet Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure them cowpokes bought and used them as is. DIfference is that all guns were hand finished back then and even a mild action job won't compare to that level of care and detail. Unfortunately nowadays the machine built guns we have available just can't compare. Just my .02. Good luck, Doc