In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1892 Hartford lever action

upjumtddeblupjumtddebl Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
can anybody tell me who manufactures these and how is the quality? thanks in advance

Comments

• 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are made by Rossi in Brazil. They are pretty good replicas but usually need a $150 tune up by a gunsmith who knows Rossi Winchester 92 replicas. I have one that has been worked over and it's smooth as glass and as accurate as any of them.
  • upjumtddeblupjumtddebl Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks my stepfather want a lever in .357 and these turned up on my search so I will pass along the info. any other recomendations?
  • TimothyTimothy Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're fully functional out of the box, some people just like to smooth the internals to make them feel like a 100 year old original. Unless winning speed games is his thing they're fine for informal range shooting. Good luck
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "other" 1892 lever replica were Japanese made for Browning. You can find them on gunbroker and other sites, sometimes NIB.
    If he is not concerned about historical authenticity, then Marlin makes a fine, modern lever gun in .357. There are lots of good used ones out there from cowboy action shooting or you can get a brand new one. Thanks to CAS, there are lots of accesories available for them now, like spring kits and sights and cosmetic items.