In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Goodbye to Navy Arms Percussion Revolvers

bprevolverbprevolver Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
I don't know whether anyone else has noticed but lately there have been many very collectable percussion revolvers on the auction sights. This is probably because of the current "recession". There are several NIB Navy Arms which is no longer in the percussion revolver business. These are most definitely destined to become collectable because there are more than one market for these guns; the shooters, the Navy Arms collectors, and the percussion revolver collectors. There are many Navy Arms productions that are already valuable.

In reviewing the early Navy Arms productions I have been reminded of some of the very rare varieties they have offered for sale. There are some of these that in fifteen years of research I have never seen.

1. Paterson revolvers with 6" and 12" barrels made by Uberti without loading lever
2. 1860 Army Target Model with full length rib on top of barrel
3. 1861 Navy Target Model with full length rib on top of barrel
4. Engraved models - Navy Arms has offered a few of their revolvers with "A", "B", & "C" level of engraving. RPRCA has only one of these with "B" engraving on a Remington New Model Army.

If you have or seen any of these please post or contact me direct.

Comments