In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

T/C Endeavor thoughts

tnh2owadertnh2owader Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
Folks I'm considering purchasing a Thompson Center Encore Endeavor.
The reason for the TC Endeavor is hopes of adding barrels in the future to build more rifles. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with the new Endeavor? Are they accurate rifles?
Thanks

Comments

• OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a dressed up version of the Encore 209x50

only difference is IMO cosmetic and believe me they didn't do us any favors those stocks are ugly and a sales gimmick. There is nothing they do that a good limb saver pad won't do on the original encore stock.

The speed breech might be a benefit but it is really not needed
    the tip away cap extractor is really all you need.

The barrel is 2" longer which is good for velocities and maybe accuracy but additional weight to haul around.

My 2002 encore is a good shooter "open sight" with 90grs of 777 behind a tc maxi ball will produce sub 3" groups at 100yds with it I have killed 4 deer and 1 elk

I also have a 22-250 and a 204 barrel that have been plenty accurate for me it is a good system pricey now but still good
  • capnrmcapnrm Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi tnh2owader,

I have 3 TC products Pro-Hunter 209X50 ML, 30tc W/Custom 18" bbl(which is an awesom round)and a 44 mag. Contender. The Endeavor wasn't available when I bought my ML or without question I would've bought Endeavor just for the speed breech !

capnrm