In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colorado BP Hunters What's legal or Not

OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
I have only live in Co for a little over a yr now. I was going to try and draw a BP Buck Permit for 2007. I have just learned from another member that Sabots are illegal to hunt with in Co?
I Also use an Encore 209x50 which I was told by "definition" it is illegal in at least 2 state's that I know co/ut. haven't had any problems with that "yet". After hearing this I read the 2006 CO proc. and noticed that pellitized powder is also illegal.

I would like to hear what kinda loads you guys are using, I had recently posted the "POWER BELTS" topic and have had some suggestions and was leaning away from the power belt bullets and towards saboted bullet.

ANY info will help.

Comments

• Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    These are the 2006 regs for Colorado.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/3F234E0F-9A7E-4E36-9263-7DE1CE74B424/0/index_information.pdf

See page 6

3. MUZZLELOADING RIFLES & SMOOTHBORE MUSKETS
    a. In-line muzzleloaders are legal.
    b. Must be single-barrel that fires a single round-ball or conical projectile
    the length of which does not exceed twice the diameter.
    c. To hunt deer, pronghorn or bear, they must be min. of .40 caliber.
    d. To hunt elk or moose, they must be min. of .50 caliber.
    e. From .40 caliber to .50 caliber, bullets must weigh min. 170 grains.
    f. If greater than .50 caliber, bullets must weigh min. 210 grains.
    g. Shotshell primers are legal.
    h. Pelletized powder systems prohibited in muzzleloading seasons.
    i. Cannot be loaded from the breech in muzzleloading seasons.
    j. Only open or iron sights allowed in muzzleloading seasons. Scopes prohibited.
    prohibited.
    Fiber optic sights and fluorescent paints are legal. Artificial light,
    batteries and electronic gear are illegal.
    k. Sabots are prohibited in muzzleloading seasons. Cloth patches are
    not sabots.
    l. Smokeless powder prohibited in muzzleloading seasons.

Most guys I know shoot a PB of some kind or T/C maxi hunter. Your Encore is fine.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:0]Bonk!!!

I will have to tear the Encore apart and start all over. I have always used a 1x red dot sight. "electronic gear" good thing I kepted the original open sights.[:D] kinda a pack rat like that.

-Q....Do the modern inlne's have the right twist rate for a maxi hunter?

T/C's bochcure doesn't say one way or the other. Ive seen them for yrs and thought they where used in traditional Muzzleguns. I had always used saboted bullets. I thought the PB was the end of the sabot for me.... elkoholic..... you read how that turned out.
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1