In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need vintage muzzleloader expert

spooksterspookster Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
picked up an old {british made} i think,,,sxs muzzleloading shotgun today,,,,,rib between bbls is marked " LONDON LAMINATED STEEL",,,,and both side plates are marked " WILLIAM MOORE",,,,both bores meas .710 at the muzzle,,,,,looks like it was a flintlock ,,and later converted to percussion,,,,wood and metal are very fancy checkered,,,with alot of scroll and inlay work,,,I would appreciate ANY info anybody might have on this,,,,maybe i havent provided enough info,,,,let me know,,,,,,,,,,,,JIM

Comments

• mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Jim, wish I could give you some info, but not THAT knowledgeable. Why do you think it was flint converted to percussion? Does it have drum and nipple screwed into the barrels? Brazed lumps with nipples screwed in? Also, you can pull the barrels and check for British proof marks. As you probably know, the Belgian mark is an oval with E L G over a crown inside it. I had a Wm. Moore double that was Belgian made. Emery
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got the same gun, same markings and has British proofs under the barrels. The gun is very well made, inletted and has at least semifancy wood. It shoots well.
    As I understand it they are Civil War period but the company was still in business later to produce cartridge shotguns.