In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ken 44-40 and others...stainless Colt percs

dandak1dandak1 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
I do not have any Allen SS revolvers, but I have the second gen Colt 1860 stainless and the 1851 stainless....do not want to hijack the thread Ken 44-40 has about the Allen guns so i am asking this here, Ken you seem knowledgable about these guns....my 1860 is a bit outside of the listed serial range for the stainless Colts...how accurate is the serial range data Colt supplied?? Dennis Adler wrote a book about modern Colt percs, and listed data on these stainless revolvers, but I cant find contact data for him.

Comments

• stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With due respect to Mr. Adler and his pretty books, why not go to the real authority on all 2nd gen. Colt percs- Dennis Russell? Dennis wrote THE book about them. He can be reached at
    1401 Shallowford Road #192,
    Roswell, Ga. 30075. He does have a telephone, but you'll have to look it up.
  • dandak1dandak1 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, will do.
  • ken44-40ken44-40 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dandak1 - Dennis Russell's email address is
    colt-blackpowder@earthlink.net.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I've got Dennis Russell's book. If you give me your serial number, I'll check it for you.
  • dandak1dandak1 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    I've got Dennis Russell's book. If you give me your serial number, I'll check it for you.

Okay, heading out to visit my wonderful Mother this Mothers day, will email you later today when I get back.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    According to Dennis Russell's book, Colt produced 1,596 "F" series Model F1210, stainless steel Model 1860 Army revolvers, serial #211263s - 213008s from January 1982 through Arpil 1982. Your serial number falls within this range.

I replied to your e-mail with additional information regarding your stainless 1851 Navy. I hope you find this information useful.