In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 700 ML

PredatorSniperPredatorSniper Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
IS the Remington 700 ML a good Muzzleloader? What are the drawbacks about it? Anything special i need to know about it?

Comments

• festusfestus Member Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had one since they first came out. It is a well made gun, but kinda picky on which bullet it will shoot, more so than the others I have. You have to keep the bolt clean or it will misfire. Happened once. I always take the bolt apart and clean it every time I clean the gun and have never had it happen again. Buddy of mine had his do the same thing twice, bolt was dirty both times. Can't say I would buy another one.
  • broknaxlbroknaxl Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got one in .50 and love it!! Mine didn't do well with the pellets, but shoots very good with loose Pyrodex. I'd like to get a .54 eventually. Also like the other posters said - Keep it clean.
    I also adjusted my trigger = it was pretty heavy when I first got it.
  • buckbuster99buckbuster99 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't waste your money. Probably the worst design in a ML ever. Friend of mine bought one for 99 bucks & couldn't get it to shoot with pellets, loose powder of all stripes, and ten different kinds of sabots. Absolute worst gun he ever owned with enough back blast to singe your moustache. Go buy a T/C Omega, put two T7 pellets in it with a 250 gr Shockwave sabot and at T7 primer & shoot cloverleaf groups at 100 yds. right out of the box. Aim ten inches high at 200 & drop any deer sized animal with ease.
  • DPHMINDPHMIN Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington 700ML in 54 caliber. It is a great shooter. I shoot T7 loose powder and saboted 250 and 300 gr. bullets in it. Just shot another deer with mine last Friday at 119 yards.

It has the same feel as the 700 centerfire, and a great adjustable trigger. Just keep the bolt clean, as well as the bore, and it will work great.

I had some misfires with percussion caps, but since I converted to 209 primers (using the Canadian conversion kit0, it has been very reliable.
  • danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a 700mls 54caliber and have killed most of my deer with it. I cannot part with it, it shoots 44caliber sabots great out to 100 yards.
  • Agent1Agent1 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't waist my money.

Your last chance to buy a real ML is about over. Randy wakeman is getting the final run of Savage 10ML II's order before the first of FEB. That said, I will say that of all the other ML's that I have owned and fired the Rem 700 is better then a lot of them, but isn't even near the top of my list. Buckbuster nailed it! for the money, you can't beat the T/C Omega. If you want the best ML ever made buy the Savage 10ML-II. if you do go with the 700 and it has a 209 system installed, wear a gas mask.
  • bilwitbilwit Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just sold my Knight Disc Extreme (bought a T/C Pro-Hunter). That gun was phenomenal with pellets and Knight Red Hot Bullets. Never, never a mis-fire, and I shot many deer...never lost one of them.