In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C&B REVOLVER BULLETS

BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
I have some 44 cal conical bullets. I could never load them in my Remington because the first sealing ring would not enter the cylinder, so the bullet could not be positioned under the ram. I filed down the ring so the bullet enter to the second ring and will now go under the ram. However I have not fired with this arrangement. Is this safe? I have fired lots of ball bullets.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,238 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never fired a conical from my pistols.
    But, I would bet that, if it is made of lead and you can cram it in the chamber, it will fire ok.
  • Options
    bobbyrose512bobbyrose512 Member Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never had good luck shooting conical bullets from a revolver. Trying to seat they would be crooked and get deformed. All the .36 cal that I had were remelted into round ball.
  • Options
    GatofeoGatofeo Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can ram that conical bullet down below the face of the cylinder, it will work.
    Accuracy may be lousy, since you had to file the base. On all bullets, the base affects accuracy. Damage to the nose and even minor defects in the side of a bullet will not generally affect accuracy, but defects to the base will.
    My Remington .36 won't accept the Lee conical bullet. There's not enough room to get the bullet under the rammer. I shoot nothing but balls with it.