In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Birds Head Vaqueros

BeauhooliganBeauhooligan Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I have two of the original birdshead Vaqueros in .45 Colt. These are the blue/case 3 1/2 in bbl old Vaquero with the birdshead grip with black micarta stocks, and will take any sane load that can be shot through a New Model Blackhawk. They are unfired except for the factory. I was going to use them in CAS, but decided to put them back, using a set of 5 1/2 in SS Bisley Vaqueros in .44 Magnum as my primary pair, and a set of SS Vaqueros in .45 Colt with the same barrel length when I want to, or another pair of blue 7 1/2 in blue/case in .44-40 when I want to shoot my Pedersoli '73 Winchester. I'd like to sell them to raise money for a tactical .308, but don't have a clue as to how to price them. A local shop will put them on consignment for 20%, suggesting a asking price of $500, with me getting $400 for each pistol. This seems to be a lowball price. Can anyone enlighten me? I think these pistol are worth a bit more than that. I thank you in advance.

Comments

• CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Beau,
    I have one old Birds Head Vaquero in 45 Colt, almost sold it a couple of months ago. Got it out to take pictures, and well, I just couldn't do it. Anyway, your set should be worth about $1,200 at least. Being unfired, new in the box and all.
    W.D.
  • BeauhooliganBeauhooligan Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CapnMidnight
    Beau,
    I have one old Birds Head Vaquero in 45 Colt, almost sold it a couple of months ago. Got it out to take pictures, and well, I just couldn't do it. Anyway, your set should be worth about $1,200 at least. Being unfired, new in the box and all.
    W.D.
    Thank you Sir. I did not like the lower prices being given. My total Vaquero count is 12, so selling two won't hurt. Thanks again.