In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Top 5 double barrel black powder cap & bal pistols

5282jt5282jt Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
I am kind of intrigued by double barrel pistols and would like to buy a few and try them out. I am also interested in which ones might be good to load with bird shot for dump rat shooting?

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    any in good working order should kill a dump rat, given you are close enough.......
  • 5282jt5282jt Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any particular suggestions?
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    never really cared for them, or had any use for one,just my opinion. That being said they can't be to accurate at more than 10-15 feet, so I would guess any modern replica would be as good as the next as they would be more for just the fun of it than any use as a really accurate hunting weapon. I would look for the first new or used one that was reasonably priced and in safe shooting condition, and go from there.
  • BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only one I know of is the Howda replica made by Pedersoli. I think it is a double barrel 20 guage muzzleloader.
  • swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    There's an interesting kind of screw-barrel double that pops up on auction side occasionally. Not repros, originals, typically $100-$150, .40 caliber or so. Something similar to this, although they can usually be found a lot cheaper.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322604638

I don't know if this one's a screw-barrel too, the ones I've seen have four grooves in the end of the barrel and can be unscrewed with a tool similar to an Allen wrench.