In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bannerman catalogs

master22nlmaster22nl Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
i was wondering, looking for old bannerman catalogs, i notcied a gap between 1889 and 1903
abby books has reproduction catalogs of these years
did bannerman released any catalogs between these years???
i am trying to find more information about the spencer/bannerman sliding shotgun
any leads ore help would be appriciated, thanks,

Comments

• Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the past Gun Digests had an article on the folding Spencer shotgun.
    I'll try and check what I have.
  • Options
    JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by master22nl

i am trying to find more information about the spencer/bannerman sliding shotgun
    any leads ore help would be appriciated, thanks,

Roy Marcot's SPENCER REPEATING FIREARMS has a chapter on the Bannerman Spencer Shotgun, pages 282-290.

There are also several references to Spencer Shotguns in SHOOTING & FISHING magazine from the late 1800's. Time does not permit me to read all that information and digest it for you. The entire run of S&F has been reprinted by Broadfoot Publishing Company, and MIGHT also be available on the internet in the Public Domain.

Johnny
  • Options
    master22nlmaster22nl Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    @ V35 and johnnyBgood,
    i have checked google books, but this aint working
    the only relevant information i need is any kind of lead to the kind of ammunition that was recomended to use
    some people say that the bannerman models starting with model 1893 and 1896, were advertised with the new smokeless powder, kind of strange knowing that most of these had damascus barrels and were designed for black powder use.
    any advertisement copy ore catalog page witch has this info would be the thing i am looking for, any leads please .???? thanks,