In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington Percussion cap sizes

anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
I've been shooting muzzle loaders for several years now, but I still have a question about Remington Percussion Cap sizes. I have used the Remington PC'c in the past, but I have forgotten which number is the larger diameter.

I've got a good memory, but it just doesn't last very long anymore!

I've looked at some of my old Remington Percussion Cap containers, and I seem to have both No. 10's and No. 11's.

The CCI Percussion Caps No. 11's I've been using lately are just too tight on my Percussion Cap long guns. I'm getting tired of the battle pushing them on the nipple! So I want to go back to the Remington Percussion Caps.

Please help me out here ... which number is larger? I'm thinking that I really want the Remington No. 10 Percussion Cap! Right?

Comments

• ken44-40ken44-40 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This chart ought to help

Chart7_28_11_zpsff80173f.png
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow ... that looks THE SCOOP on them all! Thanks, but it sure does seem strange that the CCI No. 11's have the exact same I.D. as both Remington No. 10's and No. 11's! My experience tells me that the CCI's are tough to get on and the Rem's slip on no problem at all. Strange [V]
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andersk

I've got a good memory, but it just doesn't last very long anymore!

There are three sure signs that you are getting old:

The first is, you start forgetting stuff...............................

and I don't remember the other two.

SS
  • tolinvtolinv Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington #11 caps fit more easily because they are shorter, and do not have to be pushed as far up the shaft of the nipple. I have found Remington to be a superior product to CCI or any other percussion cap makers.