In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just scored some Black

Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
I got in on a group buy and the goods were delivered today. Five pounds of Goex FFG for $81.00.

I'M A HAPPY CAMPER!

SS

Comments

• CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    You did good Buz.
    W.D.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    going for about $23.00 pound here at the muzzleloading shop, you got good price. I don't know how many different muzzleloaders you have, but I use FFFg in all mine, pistol, rifle ( I just decrease the charge a bit) shotgun and use it in the flintlock in both main charge and flash pan, It may go off a tad slower in the flash pan, but I have got used to it, and it keeps me from having to carry two powder horns.
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    W.D., Yes, I think so too.

hillbille, I've got a couple of muzzle loaders but rarely shoot them, they're mostly wall hangers.
    This batch of powder will fill all the empty .45LC(3 SAA's and an 1860 Henry)and 12ga.(Coach gun) I have on hand and still maintain my 2 lb. stash.
    Life is good.

SS
  • quixdrawquixdraw Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    New black powder--make your own--Buy stump remover ( 100% potassium nitrate) charcoal brickette and sulfur recipe is this; 75% nitrate,
    15% sulfur, 10% charcoal--crush then mix Thoroughly--get down to fine powder ( use a mortar and pestle) then carefully add a little water
    and mix then brush on toilet paper, both sides. DRY completely then cut into 1/4" pieces ( be VERY carful, a spark is NOT recommended)
    Best use for a cannon. place pieces into linen bag.