In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dragoon vs. Walker

odenthevikingodentheviking Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
Need some help here from someone that has a Uberti 1st Mdl Dragoon and a Uberti Walker. Will a Walker cylinder fit on a Dragoon? Or is it too long? Is being too long the only problem?
They share the same frame so the advanceing arm and cylinder stop should be the same, the lenth of the cylinder is all that would be differant ......correct?
Many Thanks, Paul.

Comments

• StackStack Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quoting R.L. Wilson in his book, The Book of Colt Firearms, regarding the Whitneyville Hartford Model Dragoon revolver, "The cylinder is roll engraved with the same Ranger and Indian scene as on the Walker, but due to the shorter cylinder the top part of the scene is incomplete".
  • odenthevikingodentheviking Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, that's what I was worried about.
    I want to find a cartridge conversion cylinder for my 1st Mdl Dragoon. But all the Dragoon cylinders I can find have the rectangle cylinder stops, not the rounded kind like a Walker. So if I buy a Walker cylinder and turn it down...... will it work?
  • StackStack Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it possible a Walker cylinder bolt can replace the Dragoon bolt with little or no fitting so it can work with the turned down Walker cartridge conversion cylinder? Gun Parts Corporation has the Uberti Walker bolt in stock.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=780030B&catid=8954