In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.32/.45 Thompson Seneca

Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
those of you who've had one in either caliber : how did you like them? A guy has a nice .32 with an extra .45 caliber barrel. I'm considering a trade for a Bushmaster that I've never really care for. I'm assuming he'll give some boot. What do you think of the trade. The .32 is really sweet handling and in excellent shape. If you have a semi informed opinion , please let me know!......

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    around here the seneca even with an extra barrell would be in the $150-200 range so a good amount of boot may be called for. It all comes down to what you really want and which you will enjoy more, sometimes enjoyment outweighs money..
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    the seneca barrels alone sell for more than 200.00, and a very nice seneca rifle will go for more that 400.00, check the auctions. i have a seneca .45 and a cherokee in .36 in ex condition and i know i could get 400-500 apiece for them.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    east your prices are way higher than around here, I tried to sell a T/C renegade for over a year, the last 2 show I did I had $50 on it not even an offer. It was in good shape and since I couldn't sell it I gave it to a young man who bought a shotgun at my last show. Most guys won't even put a sidelock muzzleloader on their table at the shows here anymore, no one wants them, everyone wants inlines now.
    I bought a renegade flintlock for $65 just to have, allways wanted to shoot a deer with a flintlock, got my chance last year on a big doe, now I am out for a buck. I find the older sidelocks and flintlocks more challanging and now that the kids have moved out of the house I find myself doing more rack hunting than meat hunting.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    just google thompson center seneca or chrokee rifles aand see what they want for them. i will buy all you can get for 150-200 and i will pay you 300.00 for each one in good to very good condition, or buy them up yourself and save then for your retirement fund. eastbank.
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please place me second in line[:p]quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    just google thompson center seneca or chrokee rifles aand see what they want for them. i will buy all you can get for 150-200 and i will pay you 300.00 for each one in good to very good condition, or buy them up yourself and save then for your retirement fund. eastbank.