In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Double Barrel Black powder pistol

stevenf1712stevenf1712 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
My husband passed away recently and I would love to sell this here. Any tips? A police officer friend told me it works great, but has no marks on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Ann

Comments

• Options
    flyingcollieflyingcollie Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry for your loss, ma'am. Best thing to do would be to post a picture of the item on this site. I'm sure members here would be glad to identify it if possible, and maybe give you an idea of about what it's worth.

Then, you could go ahead and put it on the GunBroker auction with a reasonable reserve, and see what kind of interest it generates.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you.
    Here it is.
    pwder3_zpsc46960e1.jpg

pwder6_zps471a2180.jpg

pwder1_zps5bee98a1.jpg

I haven't seen it fired, but I have been told it works. Number under handle-0014556. Thank you. Ann
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Beautiful little pistol. Before listing it I would try to find out its worth. Might be worth $75.00 or it might be worth 10 times that amount. I have never seen one like it but I am no expert.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank You, I listed it here and it sold for $1oo since I hadn't had a response in a week. Very happy. I appreciate your advice. I have another blackpowder guns I mav list here. Ann
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by stevenf1712
    Thank You, I listed it here and it sold for $1oo since I hadn't had a response in a week. Very happy. I appreciate your advice. I have another blackpowder guns I mav list here. Ann

Wish I had known. I would have payed that for it.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by stevenf1712

Do us and yourself a favor and post a auction no. In black powder and we can help u sell those bp guns. Thanks
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,987 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Right, I figured plenty of photos would work better. Thanks. Ann
  • Options
    crisisbillcrisisbill Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the very same pistol, it came to me recently with 4 other black powder revolvers.
  • Options
    0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If my wife sells my guns after I die don't buy em. I was supposed to be buried with those.