In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Navy Arms or Uberti Schofield?

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
So I'm wondering if Navy Arms had Uberti make them and they just roll stamp their Navy Arms? I would dig through the books and magazines but I'm being lazy [:D]. The one I'm looking at is "older" Navy Arms (if the older ones are better or worse?) if that make a difference.

Comments

• flyingcollieflyingcollie Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an Uberti "Schofield" in .45 LC, and it's a good piece. The muzzle needed crowning to shoot well, but it's a good gun. Look for the Uberti logo stamp along with the proof marks. It's an octagon with a rifled bore, and a "U" in the center. Apparently they, and several other Italian makers of repro arms build "especially" for Navy Arms, Taylor, Cimarron and others . . . scuttlebutt is that makes little difference.
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same gun. With the exception of a short run made by Smith and Wesson, only Uberti makes break top big bore S&W revolver repros, whether they be Scofields, Russians or New Model 3's.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picked up a Uberti made, imported by Taylor & Co. I'll see her in about a week or so. Then another 10 day wait. So about end of the month while I'll be on my Vacation.

I know Uberti makes guns for Navy Arms, Cimarron, Taylor & Co and Stoeger (maybe even few others). I was trying to figure out what's the difference. I guess I'll figure it out soon enough since one of my friends picked up a Cimarron a little while back. As long as mine is prettier then all is well in this world [:D].
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    will need pictures and range report,,,Congrats.[^][^][^]