In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Which RifleTo Purchase

John PackJohn Pack Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but I'd like some opinions. Thinking about purchasing a Uberti 66. Anyone have any positive or negative feedback? Or suggestions on another brand. Also was getting .45LC as that is my pistol's cal.
Thanks John

Comments

• John PackJohn Pack Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also was wondering about barrel lenght 24" or 20"?
  • Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what is your intended use? SASS,hunting,plinking...?
    If for cowboy action,the barrel lenght can determing the mag capacity.Most stages require 10 rounds,so a nine-shot carbine will cost you time.
    if for huning,the shorter barrel is more easily packed around I'd think.
    Uberti carbines are well liked,so much so that even tho an 'import',their value is holding steady.They cannot take hot loads,but standard pressure 45colt loads are just fine.
  • jmweedjmweed Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both a Uberti m1866 and a m1873 Winchester with 24" barrels in .45 cal LC. Both work well as "Cowboy Action" guns and live shooting. When I get the money, I'll probaby purchase a m1866 carbine (20" barrel) You cannot go wrong with either.

Now if I can only find a m1878 stage gun, they seem to have stopped making them at the moment as EVERYBODY is out of stock of them.