In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

T/C Encore

ridgerunner 10ridgerunner 10 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
A friend and I each bough new Encore barrels in .300 Winchester Magnum. We both put Burris Euro Diamond scopes on them, with the Burris double dovetail mounts. Neither rifle will hold a 4" group. We've tried every brand of 180 grain bullets possible. And NO, we do not want to shoot 165 grain bullets. We specifically bought the rifles to shoot a heavier grained bullet for big game, but after seeiing the groups, can not trust the rifles what so ever. Has anyone experienced the same problems with a LARGE caliber T/C? This is quite dissapointing considering the rifle were not really that inexpensive. If I knew they were going to do this, I would have just bought 2 Remington 700's. We have the exact same problem with our muzzleloader barrels. They will not hold good groups at 100 yards. Now I'm hearing of all kinds of people having problems with groups using a T/C. Can anyone tell me if they've had similar problems. I may have to return the barrels to the manufacturer. I have many rifles that can hold sub 1/2" groups, and bought the rifle for the purpose of breaking it down to go on hunts. This is totally unexceptable to me.

Comments

• ridgerunner 10ridgerunner 10 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Opinion's on this muzzleloader.
  • KX500KX500 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a fan of T/C and like about everything they make. Can't comment on the Encore Muzzleloader, but will say that if your state allows the use of smokeless powder in an ML, a Savage Muzzleloader is about as good as it gets.
  • wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use one. They are excellent. Short, accurate, and very easy to clean. I have some friends who use the Savage and they have been quite pleased with these also. I don't thnk that you would go wrong with either.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard nothing but good about the TC.

I have a Savage and I love it!
    Smack Bambi with 3,200 foot pounds he won't get far. Good lord does it put a whipping on a deer with that lung shot. I hit a big 255 pound buck in the right lungs with the 250 XTP, a hollowpoint, the deer was angled so it went out through the left shoulder.

I had a 2 inch ENTRANCE wound, and the slug took out the left shoulder bone, which is a big bone, and I had a 1 inch exit wound. That buck didn't go far.

Makes a 30-06 look like a pea shooter.