In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dance and Brothers revolver

lee shermanlee sherman Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
I was thinking about purchase of a Pietta Dance and Brothers replica revolver. I was curious whether or not the frame is steel or brass. Cabella's does not say one way or the other. Also, can brass be casehardened or only steel? My bet would be steel only. Anyone have anything to add in this regard? Thanks in advance. LS[?][:)]

Comments

• ken44-40ken44-40 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frame is CCH steel. To my knowledge, only steel can be case hardened, but there are numerous members of this forum that will correct me if I'm wrong.

The Dance is a nice replica of the original; and the quality of the one I have is top notch.

fm
  • lee shermanlee sherman Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the response. You sold me. The revolvers on the way. Cabella's deal. I got the last one for $229.00. Everything just got jacked by $20.00. Ain't life grand?? Lee[:D][:)][8D]
  • lee shermanlee sherman Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Pietta Dance and Bros. revolver finally showed up. No disappointments at all. Workmanship, details, finish work are all gorgeous. I recommend it to anyone. Viva Pietta.[:)][:D]
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I am impressed with Pietta, too. I bought a Pietta 1861 Navy 'pocket' configuration (short barrel and no rammer, it came with a brass loading tool instead). Excellent workmanship.