In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Henry (GOLDEN BOY) .22 cal. Rifle...

CookECookE Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
I just bought a HENRY GOLDEN BOY RIFLE. I tell you this rifle is so nice I don't want to take it out and shoot it. The problem I have with the HENRY is it has the worst trigger pull I've ever squeezed on a rifle. When I levered it for the first time I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW SMOOTH THE ACTION WAS, BUT THEN WHEN I WENT TO SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER IT IS TERRIBLE. I had heard on one of the shooting shows on TV that "BOB MUNDUN" the quick draw expert worked on the actions on HENRY RIFLES. I contacted him and HE DOES NOT DO ANY WORK ON HENRY RIFLES. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and what you might have done about it. ANY HELP WOULD SURELY BE APPRECIATED...............THANKS.............CookE

Comments

• Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, your first instinct to compare it to other rifles of the same make and model is good. I'd suggest you get your hands on another one and see if it is as bad. You may have gotten the occassional red herring. If it is that bad I'd be tempted to send it back to Henry and let them look at it.

I have never handled or fired one of the Henry .22 rifles so I can't comment on them from any pratical experience. Hopefully, someone will come along and give some good advice or at least give you an idea of what you have.

Bode
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Henry has customer service second to none. I would give them a call and see if you can send it back to them. I'm sure they would fix it for free and have it back to you in a few days.
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CookE,

Most of the rimfire Henry leverguns have decent triggers. My H001L had a goog trigger, right out of the box. It has improved quite nicely, after shooting the snot out of it, though. There is still a little creep, but the break is on the low end of the scale. I never measured it, but it has to be about 2-to-2.5 lbs.

Give Henry a call, and ask for "Anthony":

http://www.henryrepeating.com/contact.cfm

Henry Repeating Arms Company
    59 East 1st Street
    Bayonne, NJ 07002

Telephone: 201-858-4400
    Facsimile: 201-858-4435

info@henryrepeating.com

Tell him your problem, and ask if he can send you a "polished trigger". This has helped a few Henry owners get a very nice trigger. Good luck![:)]