In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1860 army in 22lr

idaho cowboyidaho cowboy Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
I saw an auction on here a few months ago for a reproduction Colt 1860 Army in 22 LR. Has anyone else seen one of these? How common are they? This was the first one that I had ever seen or heard of. Thanks Steve

Comments

• JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt offered a Civil War Centennial in .22 Short. Although it had the appearance of the 1860 Army, it was a single shot. Certainly someone could have built one in .22 LR or there is a kit available that I am not aware of, but the aforementioned Centennial Model is the most common "1860 Army" found in 22 Rimfire.

Johnny

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=512767316

pix830126758.jpg
  • 4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The single shot is the only one I remember also. The conversion for the 1860 is
    KirstKonverter.com
    I did not find any listed on the auction side.
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the 1950's, 60's and maybe 70's, the American Rifleman would post a picture and short description of a percussion revolver converted to modern cartridges by a skilled person, once a year or so.
  • 1hawkeye1hawkeye Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmm... percussian cap and a rubber bullet? Think I have seen "X-bullets" or something like that, could be a lot of fun.
    Have seen wax 38's powered by the cap and the owner was having a blast with them.
    not 22 power but fun
    best wishes
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old post here but I built one from an early Uberti replica Colt Army. Sleeved the barrel and cylinder, filed a knob on the hammer and installed a loading gate and ejector. It works very well. There was a guy that posted a complete how to, I think he even sold a step by step tape recording.