In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comparing "Peacemakers"

flyingcollieflyingcollie Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
I'd like to hear opinions on Cimarron and Taylor '73 Colt pistols. It's my understanding Uberti builds for both of these outfits, to thir specs., and it's inferred that their quality is higher than other repro Ubertis. Any thoughts ?

I'm flirting with Cimarron's "Model P" which is supposed to be a faithful repro of Colts from 1873-1896, and Taylor's "Cattleman", though a plain blued model doesn't seem to be on their current price list.

Comments

• 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are virtually the same gun, so your choice would depend on cosmetic preferences, like case hardened frame, blue or charcoal blue, or antique.
    I wouldn't overlook EMF Great Western II's.
  • flyingcollieflyingcollie Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Kid !! I'll take a look.
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flyingcollie
    Thanks, Kid !! I'll take a look.

I like the Cimmarron models. They have good quality control as far as ive seen. Just bought a 73 Winchester copy and it's perfect. I really don't know about Taylor never owned one. If possible buy where you can actually handle the gun and look it over.
    JW
  • flyingcollieflyingcollie Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I took the leap. Got a pair of Cimarron model P's 5-1/2" barrel, purchased from a trusted local dealer. He ordered them in, but the good thing about buying there, if I didn't like 'em, I wouldn't have to take 'em. He'll stand behind them, too.

As it is, I'm mighty impressed, and very happy with them. Out of the box, actions are timed perfectly, and butter smooth with a clean trigger pull.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you'll like the cimmarron's, they seem to have a good quality control as I said. Have fun shootum all them Indians.[:)]
    JW